I’m about to send 10 tweets about Twitter.
Evan Williams warned an hour ago as the world waited to hear the next big announcement from the company. Like a countdown, he moved from big picture to statistic to the kind of definitions that would make Emily Dickinson proud. She was great at saying a lot with very few words and would have thrived in a 140-character environment.
10. Twitter is getting better—and bigger.
9. Twitter mobile users are up 250% this year.
8. Twitter is a real-time information network.
7. Twitter levels the playing field between creators and consumers of content.
6. You don’t need to tweet to get value from Twitter any more than you need to make a web page to use the web.
5. A lot of people are tweeting, though. flic.kr/p/8B132d
4. Twitter is the best way to discover what’s new in your world.
3. Infrastructure and performance are our biggest investment. They provide the foundation for new things.
2. Twitter.com has always been the most popular Twitter client. 78% of active users have used it in the last 30 days. flic.kr/p/8B12ZY
1. Today we’re launching a new Twitter.com—a faster, easier, and richer way to discover what’s new in your world. #NewTwitter
Check out the video that does the best job of visualizing the changes in functionality and integration with photo, video, and follower sharing: